Mga Pahina

November 20, 2012

Reading, writing and now, blogging!

It was easier sharing to others of the things  you have, or really know and love. 
Before starting this blog, there are two things that naturally thrives on my system.
These two things are:

1. Reading. I am in love with books. First in the list are the children's story book, especially with illustrations. In reading these books, I remembered many fascinating stories which are worth telling when I am around with little kids. Having little kids surround you and  cheering in appreciation for the stories they've just listened to is very heart-whelming.  
 
     (Chenelyn! by Adarna books the very first story book i read, borrowed from my  cousins. When I was young , I also made my own version Chenelyn book- all illustrations included using a milk cartoon as hard cover.)

Second to the lists are the young adult novel classics. Short anecdotes and stories are surely in for the learning basket! Dr. Juan Flavier's books and The Next 500 stories by Fr. Mihalic are my favorites! 

(One of the books by Dr. Juan Flavier)

(One of my most cherished books, full of short but powerful life lessons)

              I am very attached to stories. It always brought me back to the very good feeling of childhood years when father animately tells us stories before going to sleep. Those days when I was still a little kid and problems were not existing yet. An Indian guru once said, "The shortest distance between human being and a truth is a story."  

              In these days, I am so much awed by the power of the technology that I can read more of my favorite novels (with the power of  www.4shared.com for e books), and most especially, the internet world brought us the blogosphere where i can read ANYTHING from the very common to the famous blog writers. My favorite of course are the travel blogs, and that is why I was inspired to make my own. This also leads me to the second thing of course that i love to do. And that is writing.


2. Writing. Well, it was a typical thing when someone loves to read and then encouraged to write. As a child, I do komiks and illustrated storybooks. I have them still in our wooden cabinet at home. During my high school years, I composed lots of poems mostly depicting a teen-age love. During college years, I am making dramatic life short stories. It was all natural but then, as I grew old and became busy, these fun hobbies were being forgotten. I grew engrossed with watching movies. Haha! 


As this blog unravels, I hope to box not everything but  only the essentials of my travels and wanderings, not just through Earth but also through wonderlands and inspirations. I may ponder back on the past about my lovely expeditions which are worth remembering but also I am most grateful about the present that I am able to live and surpass. Great journeys will come in the future and that will be surely covered. Aja! :) We have more action to do than this. And you are always all welcome to join me! 

BASANG

No comments:

Post a Comment